Monday, January 16, 2012

the art of marriage

I have another confession to make...I'm a terrible decorator.
I can decorate my physique with all sorts of accessories but that doesn't translate to my house very well.
Oh well, things could be worse.

We've lived in this house for more than 12 years and I've never done a thing with our bedroom.
It's so sad.
Anyway, I've decided it's time to make our bedroom a happy retreat and sanctuary.
Here's my launching piece...
I found it at High Street Company at 40% off.  Score!!!
That makes this piece even happier!
I'm so excited to get new bedding and some more bright and happy prints for the walls.

It has really struck me this week how easy it would be to let our marriage go the way of our sad and boring bedroom.
If we don't spend some time and energy updating things, it will get old and blase' pretty quick.
We're very committed to not allowing that to happen!
I'm pretty excited to spend time with my honey decorating our bedroom :)

4 comments:

knittedintheheart said...

Cool!

Chad and Jody said...

Oh my goodness! I saw that and one of the ladies who works there has been facebooking me when it's on sale. Totally want to get that one. I love what it says and how it reminds us to put time into our marriage.

Mitch said...

I thought the basement and garage were my sanctuaries. ; )

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

You wouldn't know it by looking at mine right now, but I'm a firm believe that a beautiful bedroom makes a huge difference in a marriage!!