What in the world have I been doing?!
I'm not really certain but I sure haven't been cleaning my house :)
We have a fantastic marriage and family therapist spending time with our church family this weekend.
Not only is he a therapist, he is also a former pastor.
I love how he marries faith and therapy.
This guy has an amazing sense of humor and fantastic stories to share.
Jeff's partner in ministry and life, Kareen.
New books to add to my reading wish list.
Mitch chose strip poker.
Fortunately, he chose not to share this insight with the group. :)
We also wrote a 6 word mini memoir of our marriage.
This is a take-off of Oprah's contest for six words to describe yourself.
It took me all afternoon but I came up with "living a real life love story".
hmmmm...this is NOT a new revelation - Mitch is a comedian and I'm a romantic.
Here are a few gems from my notes:
- Oftentimes, we abandon the growing process before we allow time for change to occur. (ouch!)
- I want to be a willow tree that can remain flexible under pressure rather than an oak tree that breaks.
- It takes 4 hugs a day for a person to survive; 8 hugs a day for maintenance and 12 hugs a day for growth. Am I contributing to my loved ones' growth?
- Expectations are pre-meditated resentments (again - ouch!)
- If you want a warm marriage, you have to walk through fire.
- God created my fantabulous husband for HIS purpose and glory and not for my purpose. (dang it!)
Here's to many, many more years of living a true life love story.