Wednesday, July 11, 2012

fireworks

The 4th of July is most definitely, without a doubt, my favorite holiday.
This year I got to spend the evening with so many of my favorite people...

I'm not very happy with myself that I didn't get a photo with my mommy :(

These sweet folks know how to throw a party. 
They are so happy and in love which makes me super happy.

Even the drinks and paper products were happy.

My kids know how to choose the most fabulous friends.
The mommies have become some of the best of friends.
God gave us the whole package with this group of friends.

There may be a few arranged marriages...but only the little ones will pose for pics.
I love the look on Corey's face :)

The kids all had a blast shooting off fireworks.
Most of my pics are of their backs. 
I just sat in my chair and soaked up all the fun.
Pure contentment.
I'm not sure I ever got up.  Except to go get more yumminess.






These boys were so much fun to watch.
They were way too brave for their britches.
They were way too brave for this mommy's comfort.
But they had soooo much fun.
Dude, run for your life!!!!!

These sweet girls are moving this weekend.
That makes me sad.
I knew the 4th of July might be our last big hoopla before they move.
I may have taken an excessive amount of pics of the sweet Jonesy kids.
This is one of my favorites from the evening.
Happy.

I really wanted time to stand still for the evening.
So much delicious food.
So many laughs.
So much contentment.
Such wonderful friends and family.
Thank you, God, for this fantastic life.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Sniff, sniff...
Love you!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing when you find families that the husbands and wives and children all enjoy being together! You've got a fantastic life, for sure, girl. (And some lovely PJD.) :) Katie

Anonymous said...

PS Dickinson County will take good care of the Jones family, I promise!

Unknown said...

Oh I almost cried when I read this! I can't tell you how much we miss that house and yard every July 4! Lots of great memories there. I also teared up when thinking about the Jones' family moving! Angela T.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Happy happy happy!!