Saturday, June 2, 2012

birthday boy

13 years ago my life was turned upside down and right side up.
(please excuse the quality of this very old photo)

I had no idea how much I needed a little boy in my life.
God knows what we need way before we do.
I would take a whole house full of little boys any day of the week.
He's the perfect combination of my wonderful husband and my charming dad.
He's smart, funny, good lookin', witty, charming, sweet, passionate, independent, ornery (sometimes even a little naughty) and athletic.
Everything I need in my boy.
He's comfortable in his own skin and a very free spirit.
I could watch him play football or baseball every.single.day.  And never tire of it.
I love that he's a snuggly buggly. 
He is comfortable enough with his masculinity to still cuddle with his mommy...even in public.
I love my little guy and wouldn't trade any minute of the last 13 years.

Happy birthday, Eli!
(I couldn't choose just 1 favorite photo from my hundreds of Warrior football and Jr. Railer pics)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Eli!

rentz said...

So glad you had a boy too...so our boys could be best buds!