Saturday, June 2, 2012

birthday boy

13 years ago my life was turned upside down and right side up.
(please excuse the quality of this very old photo)

I had no idea how much I needed a little boy in my life.
God knows what we need way before we do.
I would take a whole house full of little boys any day of the week.
He's smart, funny, good lookin', witty, charming, sweet, passionate, independent, ornery (sometimes even a little naughty) and athletic.
Everything I need in my boy.
He's comfortable in his own skin and a very free spirit.
I could watch him play football or baseball every.single.day.  And never tire of it.
I love that he's a snuggly buggly. 
He is comfortable enough with his masculinity to still cuddle with his mommy...even in public.
I love my little guy and wouldn't trade any minute of the last 13 years.

Happy birthday, Eli!
(I couldn't choose just 1 favorite photo from my hundreds of Warrior football and Jr. Railer pics)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Eli!

rentz said...

So glad you had a boy too...so our boys could be best buds!