Monday, August 1, 2011

killed by negligence

On my porch at the beginning of June...
Lots of beautiful pink and green.  So happy and cheerful! 

Two months later...
So dry, sad, dreary and dead.  I'd like to blame this all on the heat and drought.  But, I really can't.  I should have fed and watered them every day but I didn't.  I killed them.  This is why I don't have any house plants and don't invest lots and lots of money in a garden.  I'm a negligent gardener.

It's a darn good thing my kids are fairly self sufficient and can feed themselves.  I can't imagine what might happen to them if they were completely dependent on me for care.  SRS might be knocking at my door :)

2 comments:

Mitch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer said...

glad you have flowers that look like mine :)