Tuesday, August 23, 2011

to be happy...

I have a new favorite print in my house...
"To be happy, don't do whatever you like;
like whatever you do."

This is a hand-me-down from a hand-me down.  In other words, Jana had it in her house for a while until she got tired of it and gave it to Amy.  Amy enjoyed it for a while and then gave it to me.
It makes me happy.  It's a good reminder to find happiness wherever you are, doing whatever you're doing.
It reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures, "for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being conent in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."  (Philippians 4:11)

I added the print to my happy Mary Engelbreit kitchen.
Thank you, Amy, for sharing this happy print.  It's the gift that keeps on giving.  It's been a great reminder for me to find happiness in whatever I'm doing, wherever I am. 

Happiness is a choice and I'm choosing to be happy :)

5 comments:

Melissa B. said...

and that's why I choose to stalk you because I'm always happy when I hear and see your cheerfulness -

Amy said...

:)

Amy said...

Hmm... that's supposed to be a smiley face. =)

Beki said...

I love that! Did you know Mary Engelbreit used to have a magazine? And that I was in it? :) True story.

(Google connect still won't let me sign in on certain blogs. :( )
~Beki

Anonymous said...

I love Mary Engelbreit too! What a beautiful print and quote. Thank you for sharing the bible verse too, I will keep that one handy. - Lisa Valdez