Thursday, May 31, 2012

memorial day

This was our first Memorial Day without my step daddy.
It's important to us for our kids to know how to honor and respect those who have defended our freedom.
We have tried to model for them proper respect on Memorial Day.

It's a classy family affair.  We even take our own Hobby Lobby trash bag,  True story - I pulled the winter arrangement out of the vase on my great aunt and uncle's headstone before we decorated with the summer flowers.  Eli quietly and casually asked "Do you know these people?"  He thought I was just choosing a headstone to decorate.  That's my guy!

(So, this isn't one of our best photos but we always take one when we're at the cemetery.  We're just weird like that).

My sister and I agree we each have a daughter who will take care of us in our old age.  The other 3 kiddos will be thankful to have someone who cares so they don't have to.
(I won't tell you which category these two adorable kiddos these might be.)

No comments: