Wednesday, November 30, 2011

thanksgiving turned black friday

Wow, November is about to scream right off the calendar!
I better get Thanksgiving blogged before visions of sugar plums are dancing in my head.

We enjoyed Thanksgiving day with my mommy and my sister's family.
It was a great day!  Thanksgiving may be our favorite holiday together.
It was also sad and weird.  This was our first holiday without Ken, my stepdaddy.
There was a moment when we all gathered to pray for our meal that his absence was so noticeable to everyone.
But nobody said anything.
Wow, we are so thankful for his time with us and his influence in our lives.

I didn't take a single photo of Thanksgiving.
It wasn't on purpose.
I just forgot.
I already regret it.

Thanksgiving quickly turned to ads from the newspaper.
Suddenly, we all jumped up from the table and took off for Wichita.
We spent some time with Ken's mom, Ruth, in Wichita before we started shopping.
Our black Friday shopping started by 4:30 on Thursday afternoon.
We took a 4 hour break about 1:00 am for a nap and shower.
We got home from Wichita Friday evening about 6:00.
Yep, lots and lots of shopping.
Lots and lots of things marked off my list.
We made some fun new friends while standing in line at Walmart for 3 hours and Gordman's for 2 1/2 hours.
We ran into people we haven't seen for a while.
I truly do love all the people and excitement on black Friday.
My niece, Ellie, is a kindergartner this year.
When her teacher asked the class at the beginning of the month what holiday is in November, she excitedly exclaimed "Black Friday!"
That's my girl :)

5 comments:

Amy said...

All those Justice bags... my poor little daughter wishes for a mommy like you. ;)

rentz said...

Wow! Looks...tiring! :)

Mitch said...

Correction-"we" didn't all run to Wichita. Only the shopaholics. Although someone did get outa bed at 5:30 am Fri to get "Hello Kitty" camcorders. What some of us will do for love. ; )

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Funnn!!

Chad and Jody said...

Looks like you had a little more room at the top! I love Black Friday shopping!!