Monday, May 30, 2011

memorial day
















The kids and I have our own traditions for this special day. 
We walk the four blocks to our local cemetery and wander and wander and wander.















Thank you to the men and women who serve our country so bravely to protect our freedoms.














Thank you to our local heroes who protect our community.  Your sacrifices are appreciated.  We honor you.














"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." John 15:13














I know this shouldn't be funny, but it makes me laugh to see how excited my kids are to go into the mausoleum. Is that weird?

Totally funny story - one year on this adventure, Hannah and Eli were arguing over where/how they would handle my death/burial.  Hannah wants a beautiful burial site to visit and decorate.  Eli wants to cremate me because it would be much cheaper and it will be "their" money to spend at that point.  I am loved :)

Either way, my kids will know how to honor their loved ones who go home to be with Jesus.

No comments: